At GAB, we don’t provide investment advice.  We leave this to the experts – the registered investment advisers.  But we can help you determine the appropriate entity through which to hold your investments (e.g. trusts or companies), thereby ensuring the most tax effective outcome.

The tax law relating to investments is highly complex, especially where funds are invested overseas.  The return on investments can comprise taxable income and non-taxable income.  And in some case, the investor even has the option of treating income as taxable or non-taxable.  The tax position varies depending on the type of legal entity which owns the investments.  We advise on all of these matters, and can prepare your income tax returns to ensure you don’t end up paying the wrong amount of tax.